ROCKET VPN Review
In recent times, there have emerged copious amounts of free VPN providers clamoring for our attention. Rocket VPN is an Irish-based VPN and I am very excited to see what it has to offer in terms of reliability, speed, privacy and other aspects of a VPN that makes it competent in a world full of dubious VPNs.
Is My Privacy Protected with Rocket VPN?
• through the Applications,
• in e-mail, text and other communications between you and the Applications, or
It does not apply to information collected by:
• us offline or through any other means, including on any other Application operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
• any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Applications.
Information We May Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Applications, including information:
• by which you may be personally identified, such as first and last name, email address, billing information, passwords or other online contact information, any other information the Applications collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under applicable law or other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
• that is about you but individually does not identify you; or
• about your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Applications, usage details, your browser type and language, access times, and the content of any undeleted cookies that your browser previously accepted from us.
We may collect this information:
• directly from you when you provide it to us,
• automatically, when you install an Application. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons or other tracking technologies, or
• from third parties, for example, other Applications controlled by us or our affiliates, our business partners or other third parties.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Applications may include:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Applications. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Applications, subscribing to our service, posting material on message boards or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Applications.
• Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
• Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
• Details of transactions, if any, you may carry out through our Applications and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Applications.
• We may also collect and store personal information about other people that you provide to us. If you use our Applications to send others information that may interest them or messages through our system, we may store your personal information, and the personal information of each such recipient. Similarly, if you use our Applications to upload, share or distribute content (including videos, comments or other submissions), and such content contains personal information about others, such information may be stored to allow for such uploading, sharing or distribution.
• When you access our Applications from a mobile device like a tablet or phone, we may receive information about your location, your device, including one or more unique identifiers for your device, and your mobile carrier. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most devices allow you to turn off location services.
How Much is Rocket VPN? Is There a Free Trial?
Rocket VPN is a free Android app and thus, it incorporates ads and recommends apps on the home page. We don’t mind ads if they aren’t intrusive, and as long as the in-page ads and recommends remain non-intrusive to the experience. The app did throw a full page ad once, which certainly annoys people.
Furthermore, the free version offers 500 MB/month and if you are an avid Internet user, you would know that 500 MB will get used up in the blink of an eye. You can get the unlimited plan for a subscription of $2.99/month or $29.99/year, which not only bring unlimited bandwidth but better speeds and removes ads.
Rocket VPN Speed Test
Usually, people are worried about Internet speed after using a VPN. But it seems that Rocket VPN has taken care of this effectively. For a free VPN I was worried for a second that the speed was excruciatingly slow, but I was impressed with the results.
Here is a speed test result done with and without Rocket VPN. As you can see, the deviation was very little.
How is Customer Service at Rocket VPN?
Customer service with Rocket VPN was decent. There is no live chat, but upon shooting them several emails there was a fast and helpful response. For a free VPN this VPN’s customer support surely does better than some of the premium VPNs out there. I think that users will find the customer support impressive as well, although the app is simple, so I doubt that any users will ran into any issues.
• Number of Server Locations (countries) 1
• Number of servers 1
• Does VPN keep logs No
• Includes Kill Switch No
• Devices per license 1
• Android and iOS app
• 250MB free monthly bandwidth
• Unlimited bandwidth for premium users
• Up to 10 server locations
• Easy to navigate app
Is Rocket VPN Safe?
Much like other VPNs, Rocket VPN supplies an excellent level of protection. It offers you the top course protection while utilizing a public link. All connection experiences with the Rocket VPN are secured to secure your identification. It also protects you from third-party applications to secure your individual information. You can utilize any type of public WiFi link without stressing that somebody is spying on your Web activities. The security works with mobile data links too.
You might ask, the majority of the VPNs offer the encryption, then just what is brand-new in Rocket VPN? Some totally free VPN applications like Hola share your connection with various other users, yet Rocket VPN does not share your link with other individuals in contrast to various other VPNs. Your link is completely secured with this application.
If you are an Android user, you should use this app to keep yourself secure while browsing. Further, the app is free to use and so you don’t have to worry about costing if you are fine with the ads. I personally am not a big fan of ads, so I would pass on this particular VPN, but if you don’t mind then more power to you.