TUVPN is a Singapore based VPN service provider that offers a variety of VPNs services with endpoints located throughout the world in 8 different countries. From the looks of things, TuVPN has so many great things to offer but let’s look at actual facts and figure out whether this is a VPN worth spending money on.
Is My Privacy Protected with TuVPN?
TuVPN operates under a very firm no-logs policy so you don’t really have to worry about your browsing being monitored or your information being sold to third parties as well.
Completion by you of the registration forms of www.tuvpn.com implies your acceptance of the following TUVPN.COM Data Protection Policy. All information provided by you during registration must be true. In the event that we detect that you have provided false information, we reserve the right to cancel your registration.
TUVPN.COM’s Data Protection Policy adheres to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 known as General Data Protection Regulation.
Personal data should not be processed at all, unless necessary. You should have knowledge and sufficient control over storage and processing of your Personal data.
Collected Personal data
We collect and process your Personal data as follows:
- Name and surname. Your full name is collected during your registration and/or some payment methods. You name confirms your acceptance of this terms. Your name and surname are stored in our records until the end of processing restriction period.
- Address. Your address is collected and processed for some payment methods and used for transaction confirmation. This information is stored in our records until the end of processing restriction period.
- E-mail. Your E-mail is collected during your registration and processed for communication with you. E-mail is stored in our records until the end of processing restriction period.
- Financial information. Payments are handled by third parties (known as payment service providers). The security and non-disclosure of financial information is handled by such payment service providers according to their current policies. We may have access to certain portions of Personal data related to such transactions, e.g. billing address, first and last digits of card number etc. Financial information is used for confirmation of transactions and fraud protection. This information is stored in our records until the end of processing restriction period.
- Support logs. All of your support communication is personally processed and stored indefinitely. These logs should not, but occasionally might contain your Personal data.
Deletion Personal data
Commencing on 25 May 2018 you may request erasure of your Personal data. Upon your request for erasure of your Personal data, you stop being our client. Your Personal data is encrypted and cannot be processed either automatically or by unauthorized persons. Such encrypted data is stored for 6 months – processing restriction period. Upon its end Personal data is deleted automatically.
Restoration of Personal data
During processing restriction period, your encrypted Personal data bay be restored upon of legitimate request of a bank, financial institution, law enforcement agency, court or any other person authorized by law and used for protection of our legal interests.
Personal data is not designed to be readily portable to avoid any risk of it being easily stolen. You may request us to manually compile a computer-readable extract of your Personal data as a separate file.
How Much is TuVPN? Is There a Free Trial?
The prices of TuVPN’s shared IP service are shown below. You get a cheaper rate per month if you subscribe for a longer period. However, keep in mind that you have to pay the entire subscription period up front.
The seven-day free trial is a great help when you buy this service. After all, you wouldn’t want to pay for the full year and then discover that the VPN doesn’t work well for your particular needs! With the free trial, you can take out the one-year subscription, try it out, and cancel it if you find it doesn’t suit you. Just keep an eye on the date so you don’t miss the one-week cancellation window.
The dedicated IP service is more expensive, as you can see below. The drop-down list next to the title gives you the option of choosing an IP address in Sweden, the Netherlands, the United States, France, Germany, Canada, Spain, or the UK. You should choose an IP address in the country that you want to communicate with, rather than the country you are in. For example, if you are in Sweden and you want to watch Netflix USA, select the USA location, not Sweden.
The company only offers a discount on the monthly payment plan, which means you pay less by taking the discounted offer. However, this discount only applies to the first month, so over six months you will still be better off taking out the longer subscription period. There is no equivalent discount on the dedicated IP service.
Unfortunately, the company doesn’t accept PayPal, but it does process bitcoin payments. You can pay by bank transfer, but probably the most convenient way to pay for the service is by credit or debit card.
TuVPN Speed Test
I ran some speed tests on TuVPN. My baseline speed was 12 Mbps. After connecting to their US SharedIP VPN server from South America I got about 7 Mbps. This clearly shows that TuVPN potentially will reduce your normal speeds by about 48%. This is quite a drop from what I expected given that most of these other competent VPNs only slow down speeds by approximately 10%.
How is Customer Service at TuVPN?
If you have some difficulties with the VPN service there is a support center. A support ticket system is utilized for customer’s convenience. Thus each request is supplied with a unique number by which you can trace your question from the line. Total achieves of each customer’s questions are provided for better work. For forming a new ticket you need to fill in your real email and the body of the question. By choosing a high priority you enhance your chances to receive a soon answer.
- An app for the OpenVPN version of the service
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit encryption with OpenVPN
- Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP)/ Internet Protocol Security (IPSec) with 128-bit AES encryption
- Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP) with 128-bit Microsoft Point-to-Point Encryption (MPPE) encryption
- Secure Shell version 2 (SSH2) protocol with 256-bit AES encryption
- An additional anonymizing proxy server
- Unlimited data usage
- Dynamic Remote Port Forwarding for P2P and Skype connections
- Throughput speed limited to 12 Mb/sec
- Apps for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android
Is TuVPN Safe?
The VPN offers a choice of protocols. However, you will probably end up just using one of them unless you have specific needs from your connection.
You can download the app that implements the OpenVPN protocol before you sign up or pay for the service. OpenVPN is the industry’s favored protocol, and it offers the strongest encryption of all the systems offered by TuVPN.
The recommended minimum encryption key length for sufficient security is 256 bits. However, gamers often prefer to switch to the PPTP protocol. This is less secure, but it is still encrypted and is faster.
Many VPNs offer the L2TP/IPSec protocol combination for smartphone users. This system only has 128-bit encryption. However, this is a good compromise for mobile devices, because implementing full 256-bit AES encryption drains the battery quickly.
Another reason that you will probably only use the OpenVPN protocol is that the other protocols have to be set up manually on your computer. If you are not comfortable with creating a new network, then you’ll probably avoid these options.
TuVPN also offers a free proxy server to all of its VPN customers. A proxy is the same as a VPN, in that it mediates between the user and the target web server, so that the two end points never communicate directly. However, a proxy doesn’t employ the encryption that a VPN offers.
TUVPN is one of reliable services presented for your attention. The service provides access to 9 countries and the network is being extended. What is for security methods, the company uses up-to-date OpenVPN, SSH2 Tunnels, L2TP/IPSec, PPTP for encrypting all your generated and downloaded traffic. If you have some problems with the service operation or settings there is a professional assistance you can get with the help of ticket system. Besides, the company offers 7-day money back guarantee, which is acceptable for both shared IP VPN plans and Dedicated IP plans. So, having found the server locations useful for you, you can subscribe for the VPN and experience internet freedom.