PrivacyAbroad VPN Review
Founded and established by David and Tamara Boron in 2012, PrivacyAbroad VPN, through its VPN services, helps people regain their online privacy and Internet freedom. With its servers located in Switzerland, a haven for secure digital communications, PrivacyAbroad VPN, just like any other VPN, provides constant and secure connections that allow you to access restricted websites while safeguarding your Internet connection.
Is My Privacy Protected with PrivacyAbroad VPN?
PrivacyAbroad does not keep any logs of its users’ activities according to their Privacy Policies, which is great for maintaining online anonymity.
1. PrivacyAbroad, is the only operator collecting or maintaining information through the http://www.privacyabroad.com website.
2. A member (any visitor or other person making use of the website) may contact
http://www.privacyabroad.com using the following information:
3. Please review the Terms & Conditions of Usage.
Collection of Information
1. The website only collects the information needed to open a Customer account or a Reseller enrollment and DOES NOT sell, exchange, disclose, use or publish ANY of our Customer and/or Reseller information.
2. The websites respects your right to privacy and will NOT read, scan or analyze your website activities.
3. The website DOES NOT allow Resellers to make personal information available in public forums such as bulletin boards.
4. If a member contacts any PrivacyAbroad employee or affiliated person, a record of that correspondence may be kept.
5. The website is prohibited from conditioning a member’s participation in an activity on the member’s disclosing more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in such an activity.
Usage of Information
1. Personal information is only used for record keeping, website management, activities on the website, and the fulfillment of requested transactions.
2. Personal information collected from members is NOT disclosed to third parties other than related providers who have agreed and are bound by law to NOT make use of any Customer information.
3. A parent (or guardian) of a minor may not consent to collection and use of that minor’s personal information without consenting to the disclosure of that information to third parties.
4. Parents can review and have deleted the minor’s personal information and/or can refuse to permit collection or use of the minor’s personal information, either of which will terminate the minor’s membership on the website.
PrivacyAbroad performs automatic renewals by drafting your preferred method of payment on your subscription renewal date. You will be notified by email 5-7 days prior to your renewal date should you wish to amend your payment method or make any changes to your subscription.
PrivacyAbroad will not sell, rent or disclose in any other way a customer’s email address or other personal information, nor will PrivacyAbroad monitor or disclose the contents of a customer’s private communications unless required to do so by law which requires an official warrant issued by a federal judge of Switzerland or such action is necessary to protect PrivacyAbroad rights or property, or under circumstances to protect the safety of its customers or the public. The customer’s account shall be password protected and the customer shall be solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the customer’s password.
In an effort to provide an effective and simple email, PrivacyAbroad have chosen not to allow advertising to be incorporated with our email service, nor shall PrivacyAbroad depend on any advertising revenue. Affiliated websites may not include eventual advertisers.
PrivacyAbroad provides for spam-blocking and consequently does not support or permit spamming. As a PrivacyAbroad customer, all subscribers agree to the Use Policy which strictly forbids any spamming activities. Spamming is described as sending unwanted, unsolicited email and will NOT be tolerated by PrivacyAbroad.
To protect our customers’ mailboxes and our system from overflowing due to unsolicited emails or SPAM attacks and abuses, PrivacyAbroad uses a security limit. For customers with a legitimate need for a higher daily volume and with a paid for Professional Account, PrivacyAbroad may grant an increase of this daily security limit upon request with no additional charges. Please be aware that PrivacyAbroad.com reserve the right to revoke any such granted security limit increases at any time without giving any reasons.
Subscriptions to PrivacyAbroads email, VPN, Swiss Safe storage services and Silent App are payable in advance and are billed annually. We offer a 10-day refund for our Email, Swiss Safe, VPN, Silent App and Web hosting services excluding Domain registration orders. Within the 10-day time period you are able to cancel and receive a full refund. If either the Swiss Safe or Silent phone App are registered and activated, no refund will be granted.
B. USE POLICY
The following governs the use of the PrivacyAbroad service by its customers:
(a) The customer shall not use the PrivacyAbroad services for:
(1) the bulk sending of unsolicited messages, the sending of unsolicited emails (SPAM) or unauthorized junk mail,
(2) the use of distribution lists that include persons without their prior permission to be included in such distribution process,
(3) sending phishing emails to collect private data for illegal activities.
(4) pornography, illegal drug research, illegal gambling.”
How Much is PrivacyAbroad VPN? Is There a Free Trial?
PrivacyAbroad has several packages and one could just pick the one that best suits their needs.
Cyber Secure Basic Package
This is perfect for the home or business desiring the best cyber protection! Includes the Secure Email – 500MB, VPN and our Swiss Safe (20 GB) together at a discount.
Cyber Secure Plus Package
This is perfect for the heavy email user. Includes the Secure Email – 1GB, VPN and our Swiss Safe (20 GB) at a discounted rate.
Cyber Secure Enterprise Package
This is perfect for those who desire full protection! Includes the Secure Email – 1GB, VPN, Swiss Safe (20 GB) and our new Secure Phone App (100-minute plan) together at a discount. All 4 services offered are designed to complement each other giving the user maximum internet and phone protection.
“Please note that in order to offer you the best quality and low prices, our services are pre-paid for one year. We do offer a 10-day money-back guarantee on our services excluding domain registration. To receive a refund for either the Swiss safe or Silent phone app, registration and activation of those services must not have taken place. Refunds for the Reseller fee can be for the Private email and VPN only. Thank you!”
PrivacyAbroad VPN Speed Test
The speeds I got during my tests were disappointing, in all honesty. For a VPN that charges that much I expected a little bit more. Hopefully, this is something that will improve over time.
How is Customer Service at PrivacyAbroad VPN?
There is a 24/7 customer live chat support option, which is quite reliable, as well as a YouTube channel specifically put up to assist users in setting up and enjoying the VPN service. There is also a Frequently Asked Question (FAQ) section on the website that has tackled most of the issues that Clients might come across while using the service.
• Number of Server Locations (countries) – 27
• Number of servers – 35
• Number of IP Addresses – 35
• Does VPN keep logs – No
• Includes Kill Switch – No
• Devices per license – 2
• Uses AES-256 Encryption to protect your online communications
• Protects your personal documents and website usernames/passwords through the in-built Swiss Safe
• Protects your cell phone calls and SMS text messages through its Secure Phone App
• Creates a session key during SRP authentication to encrypt sensitive data
• Your data is protected through disaster recovery management
• User credentials, metadata, and password safe entries are doubly protected (AES-256)
Is PrivacyAbroad VPN Safe?
It is fully compatible with almost all the popular protocols available including PPTP, L2TP, SSTP, OpenVPN, and IPsec. PrivacyAbroad VPN works perfectly well on certain networks like university campus networks that are known for their anti-VPN activities. PrivacyAbroad VPN Worldwide is compatible with all Windows operating systems, Android, Linux and Mac OS, so it covers all your mobile devices and PCs.
One notable feature of PrivacyAbroad VPN is that they offer services that are specifically designed for large-scale businesses, and there are some others that are for small-sized clients. They have another plan that is designed for specific countries only.
I really didn’t like this VPN. I mean it has some really great features, but I didn’t find anything worth paying for. I think it has so much work to put in before we can compare it to other great VPNs out there. However, if you like the basic VPN features and don’t mind paying for them within this price range, then by all means.