FLY VPN REVIEW
Fly VPN is a reputable VPN that has been around since 2007. This is a VPN that has continued to be highly rated until today. In the VPN world, staying consistently on top of the charts is a rare thing. As soon as users notice a problem or two in a particular VPN brand, it’s pretty much a wrap. The issue could be as small as slow customer support and users would still shift to a different VPN brand. With that being said, it is crucial that a VPN brand stays on top of its game and Fly VPN has managed to do that. I want to look closer into this VPN and understand why it is so well spoken about and whether or not I feel the same way about it. Here goes.
Is My Privacy Protected with FlyVPN?
One of the few benefits of using Fly VPN is that they are located in Hong Kong, which does not apply compulsory laws regarding the retention of data, meaning that your privacy is in safer hands than can be expected from a VPN based within the Five Eyes countries.
Please provide us with real personal information when you register with FlyVPN
1. Your full legal name
2. Email address (We hate spams too, so please trust us and provide an active email address, we promise not to spam you)
3. Telephone number
When you use Fly VPN, we will record the following information:
1. Your local IP
2. Timestamp of when you successfully accessed VPN
3. The VPN IP that is assigned to you
4. The port number that is assigned to you
5. Timestamp of when you disconnected from VPN
Please rest assured that your personal above information above will be kept secure, we may, however, use it for investigation purpose if there is a VIOLATION OF DMCA OR SPAM policy.
VPN Use Policy
We will terminate your account and blacklist you without notice if you violate the following policies.
You agree not to perform any actions that would either intentionally or unintentionally restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Internet.
You further agree not to use software of Fly VPN to post any content or send any messages or material that are unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or may constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or encourage conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, regulation or court order.
The following behavior is forbidden on all VPN servers:
1. Unauthorized or illegal software, movie, or sound recordings in violation of copyright law, including but not limited to the DMCA; Definition of DMCA: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Millennium_Copyright_Act
The following applications are forbidden on all VPN servers:
– . Any and all software used for or related to Cyber Crime, including but not limited to Computer intrusion (i.e. hacking) and Password trafficking;
– . Counterfeiting of either copyrighted trademarks or currency;
– . Child Pornography or Exploitation;
– . Child Exploitation and Internet Fraud matters that have a mail nexus;
– . Internet fraud and SPAM;
– . Internet harassment;
– . Internet bomb threats;
– . Trafficking in explosive or incendiary devices or firearms over the Internet;
– . Theft of trade secrets;
– . Distributed/Denial attack Of Services (D/DoS);
We have already closed some ports with potential security risk.
PS: VPN servers in China allow p2p/BT/Torrent.
How Much is FlyVPN? Is There a Free Trial?
Fly VPN does not come cheap, and if you are looking to be associated with this VPN, be ready to cash out.
They do offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, but if you read their payment policy in more detail, you will notice that this is only applicable if you make an advance payment through alipay or PayPal, and it is non-refundable if you make the payment through any other payment method. The service is also not available for Nigerian citizens and Pakistanis which is a huge slap in the face even though they did not explain why.
“3. Accepted payment methods:
PayPal, recurring payment, recommended.
Alipay, no recurring payment, recommend.
MyCard, may come with extra commission charge.
Western Union remittance may come with extra commission charge.
Bitcoin and other local payment methods.
4. Refund: if you are unsatisfied with our service, for PayPal payment users, we offer a full refund within 30 days. You can email us at [email protected] to request a refund within 30 days of your payment, the refund will be processed in three business days. Refunds are only available with PayPal and are unavailable with all other payment methods.
Please submit the following information:
Fly VPN Username;
Reference No. of your payment, such as transaction ID of PayPal;
The reason of your refund
No malicious refunds or Chargebacks. In the event of a malicious refund or chargeback, we will submit your information into a credit blacklist system, which may reduce your credit and negatively influence your later payments and online shopping.
5. Our service is not available to citizens from Nigeria and Pakistan.”
FlyVPN Speed Test
The speed upon testing was disappointing and buffering during streaming was in full gear. There are also too many DNS leaks noticed while using the service so I would definitely not recommend this VPN for torrenting. It does unblock restricted content, but when it comes to giving you great security and speed, I wouldn’t count on it. Don’t get me wrong, it does the job, but not the way we would prefer.
How is Customer Service at FlyVPN?
Customer service with Fly VPN is certainly not the best, with no live chat option and customer support which seems to take forever to respond. I wouldn’t recommend this if you are a pretty impatient person.
Fly VPN’s focus is on unblocking websites and streaming services in countries where they might be blocked or censored, but it can also handle other common VPN jobs, like giving you a secure, encrypted connection when you connect to the Internet using a public WiFi network.
• Number of Server Locations (countries) – 40
• Number of servers – 300
• Does VPN keep logs – Yes
• Includes Kill Switch – No
• Devices per license – 1
• Free trials available
• 30-day money-back guarantee if you paid via PayPal or AliPay
• Multi-language support
• Unlimited monthly traffic
• Various payment methods available, including AliPay, BitCoin and MyCard
• Three payment plans available
• Excellent speeds in China
• Cross-platform compatibility
As a result of these amazing features, you can surf the web with a higher degree of anonymity or, by connecting to a foreign server, access services that might be blocked in the country you’re connecting from. This can be useful if, say, you want to watch US catch-up TV services while you’re travelling outside the States.
Is FlyVPN Safe?
Some of the aspects of Fly VPN that do impress include their cross-platform compatibility and the provision of three different protocols (PPTP, L2TP+IPsec and OpenVPN) all of which are encrypted to a high level. Fly VPN is also a bit more out there than some of its peers in terms of providing support in several different languages, including Chinese, Russian, Korean and, of course, English.
This VPN, in my honest opinion, offers the most basic service. If you are looking to get your money’s worth then this is definitely not where you need to be. I therefore suggest to the more tech-savvy users to find a different alternative that is more secure and more serious in the services they offer.